LEADIRO PRIVACY STATEMENT
Effective Date: 17th May 2018 Updated: 13th January 2020
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) was the biggest shake up of Data Protection and Privacy laws in the EU in decades. Now the CCPA in California, USA has come into force and both laws are forcing companies to change the way they process Personal Data. They are designed to ensure you have greater control over how your data is used in today’s technological world. Please take the time to read this statement to understand how we process personal data and why we process it. We may need to update this statement from time to time so do check back occasionally to stay up to date.
2. About Leadiro
Who we are: Leadiro UK Limited of Quay House, Quay Road, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 2BU (company number: 07273115). For any privacy or data protection queries please email Leadiro at email@example.com. You can also call us on +44 203 695 7895, email us for general enquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Leadiro c/o WeWork Moorgate, 1 Fore Street Avenue, London, EC2Y 9DT, United Kingdom.
What we do: Leadiro provides subscribers with an online platform to access accurate business data with worldwide coverage and a focus on hard-to-reach emerging markets along with traditional mainstream territories. Why we do it: It’s our mission to enable businesses to promote more effectively to the right people in other businesses.
3. Lawful Basis for processing Personal Data
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) defines six lawful bases for the processing of Personal Data. Of these six we have concluded that the most appropriate lawful basis for processing personal data is our legitimate interests. This is because:
- Owing to the nature of our business and the size of our database, it is impractical for us to contact every individual to obtain his/her consent.
- The processing we do is unlikely to affect the fundamental rights and freedoms of the individuals whose data we collect and store and make available to our customers. We have concluded this because:
- We only process information taken from the public domain that is specific to business (B2B) data (your work email for example), never personal (B2C) data (your personal email for example);
- We provide Business Data to help our customers promote their offerings to other businesses;
- It’s in the interest of individuals whose personal data we process for us to maintain healthy and accurate information so that businesses can better reach the most relevant business contacts – promoting the legitimate interests of the individual and our customers.
- Where you subscribe to and use Leadiro, we will rely on our contractual relationship to process your personal data to provide goods and/or services to you.
- Should we rely on your consent in any circumstances to process your personal data you can easily withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by using any unsubscribe mechanism supplied (such as an unsubscribe link in an email).
4. What data does Leadiro have?
The type of information we may process about you includes:
- Personal Data: this is personally identifiable information which includes your first name and last name, your business telephone number (a switchboard or general contact number or a direct contact number), work email address, public social link (such as a public LinkedIn profile link), location (that identifies a city or region where you live and/or work). All this information is available and collected from the public domain, for example on a website or public register;
- Details you provide to us by filling in forms, using chat tools on our sites or via telephone or email. This includes information provided when you register to use our site or subscribe to our service;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders; and
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing or other purposes.
- In order to support system administration and reporting we may collect your computer information (such as IP address to identify your location when signing up to Leadiro). We will never pass on this information to third parties unless required to by law.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. For example, cookies can be used to collect information about your use of the services during your current session and over time (including the web-pages you view and the files you download), your operating system and browser type, your internet service provider, your domain name and IP address, the website that you visited before our website, and the link that you use to leave our website.
If you are concerned about having cookies on your computer, you can choose to set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, allowing you to decide whether to accept it. You can also delete cookies from your computer. However, if you choose to block or delete cookies, certain features of the Leadiro services or web site may not operate correctly. If you'd like more general information on Cookies and how they work please see www.allaboutcookies.org.
6. What does Leadiro do with the data?
Compilation & Verification: Once collected Leadiro periodically tests the data it has to ensure high levels of accuracy and validity. Using trusted partners Leadiro updates and validates firmographic and technographic information and it combines this with the tested data to form a complete record of Business Data.
Storage & Security: Leadiro stores Business Data in its cloud platform and all personal data is AES-256 encrypted at rest including the underlying storage, automated back-ups, logs, read replicas, and snapshots. Leadiro does not then do anything else with the Business Data it holds other than make it available to its Customers. Where data is transferred to customers outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) we will take reasonable steps to ensure any personal data is treated securely and in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Access: As a Leadiro customer you will need to choose and keep safe a password in order to use the platform. Please do not share your password with anyone.
Retention: It is mission-critical for our business to be able to provide customers with accurate data. Therefore, we will retain your personal information for as long as it remains accurate and up to date (as best we can tell it is accurate) and we will remove your data if we confirm that it is no longer accurate or you have requested to restrict us from processing your data.
Use of the data: We use your information for several purposes, such as:
- Providing our customers with access to a database of accurate Business Data Records designed to enable them to promote their goods and services using direct marketing to the right people (decision makers, influencers, champions etc.) in other businesses;
- Promoting your business so it can be found when searched for;
- Helping us keep you up to date about changes to the platform, its content, our services, changes in policies and other important notifications;
- Enabling you to interact with features or tools on our platform such as our live chat function;
- Providing you with the services we have and offering new services;
- Improving your user experience;
- Gathering analytics on usage and other statistics in order to improve features and functionality.
Should we need to contact you we will generally do this via email from our firstname.lastname@example.org address but we may also contact you by post or telephone unless you request otherwise.
7. Your Rights
As an EU resident (a data subject as defined under GDPR) you have the right to:
- Access: You may request to see the personal data we hold about you. This includes the right to obtain a confirmation as to whether or not we process any of your personal data. To see if we hold any data on you please click inquire;
- Rectification: You may request that we correct any inaccuracies in the personal data that we hold on you;
- Be Forgotten: In certain circumstances you may have the right to be forgotten (which means we have to erase all of your personally identifiable data). To ensure we are able to restrict all future processing of your data we recommend you request to opt out of Leadiro which will enable us to suppress you from future communications, rather than delete your data. You can use this link to opt out;
- Restriction: In some cases you may ask for the processing of your personal data to be restricted because there is some disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage – i.e. requesting that we do not process your personal data for direct marketing purposes by keeping a single record of your data on a suppression list. You can use this link to opt out;
- Object: to state that you object to our processing of your personal data if we are relying on legitimate interest as the lawful ground for processing; and
- Portability: You may request to have your personal data transferred from us to a different organisation.
8. Changes to this Privacy Statement