Suppression lists allow you to exclude contacts that you already own. These contacts may have come from a variety of internal or external sources but the important point is that you don't want to get them again from Leadiro.
Suppressing a contact means that it will be automatically removed from your cart at checkout.
NOTE: If you have an Enterprise subscription:
- Your account must be a Manager to use this feature.
- The suppression lists you upload will suppress contacts for all of the accounts at your organisation.
Managing Suppression Lists
You manage suppression lists via the Manage > Suppression Lists panel:
Uploading a new list
Before you can use a suppression list you will need to first upload it to Leadiro.
A suppression list is simply an excel spreadsheet that has one of three things in the first column:
- An email address.
- A domain name such as leadiro.com - this will suppress all contacts at that domain.
- An SHA256 hash of an email address - an advanced feature for when you don't want Leadiro to know what the email address is you want suppressing.
You can download an example spreadsheet by clicking on the "Download a template" link.
To upload a new list:
- Create the excel spreadsheet.
- Click "Browse for File" under "Upload a new list".
- Select the excel file in the file window.
- Enter an optional name for the new list.
- Click the "Upload" button.
Your list will now upload to Leadiro and be processed for matches. You'll see it under "Manage existing lists".
Downloading an existing list
- Click on the highlighted date next to the list in the "Manage existing lists" section.
The original spreadsheet will be downloaded for review.
Removing an existing list
- Click on the trash icon next to the list in the "Manage existing lists" section.
The suppression list will be removed and the contacts made available for inclusion in future orders.
Using a Suppression List When Searching
You don't have to do anything special to use a suppression list. They will automatically be applied to the contacts in your cart when you checkout. We'll let you know at checkout how many contacts have been suppressed.